Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 3 of Clinic


At today’s clinic in My Tay Phuoc, Cai Lay, Tien Giang, I was put in Pharmacy. I have to say it was a lot slower than the other clinic roles. The pharmacists were doing most of the work taking prescriptions and picking out drugs while I was mainly put to work refilling the supply of drugs on the table. At clinic, the EKG/ultrasound station was quite a walk away from the triage and consultation room so I would see the crowd control people sweating and super exhausted walking patients back and forth. Part of me wanted more action than being under the shade in the pharmacy. Just like they say – be careful what you wish for – I was then asked to be crowd control and take people over to EKG/ultrasound station. It was sooooo hot and I felt kind of bad for the patients who had to walk back and forth, especially the older, frailer patients. They were all so sweet though. Many of them asked me where we were all from, how many days we were going to do clinics and how long we were going to be in Vietnam, and they also praised us for doing good work.
Again, the EKG /ultrasound stations were the last to finish and so I was on duty up until the very end. It was another great day for clinic. Afterwards, we had lunch and then went to the beautiful Evergreen Resort where we toured the gardens and had the entire dining room to ourselves!


-Vivien


(pictures coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment